Recipe For Madlouka (Arabian Dessert )
Madlouka (Arabic Desserts)
Ghee / soften butter 250 gm/ 1 cup
Sugar 125 gm/ 1/2 cup
Milk powder 35 gm/ 4tbsp
Baking soda 3 gm/ one pinch
vanilla few drops
Dry yeast 15 gm/ 1 tsp
semolina (fine) 500 gm/ 3 1/4 cups
Flour 1 cup
water 155 ml / 1 cup
Ashta cream / malai /khoya (optional) 400 gm
Fresh milk 1 lit
Corn flour 100 gm/3/4 cup
sugar 50 gm 1/4 cup
Sugar 500 gm/ 2 cup
water 150 gm / half cup
Pistachio 25 gm
Rose petals few
Madlouka The Arabian Dessert
- soak the cornflour in half cup of milk
- bring boil rest milk and add slowly cornflour and keep steering until its became thick.
- pore in in big tray and allow to cool.
- mix well ghee or butter with sugar , baking soda, yeast and vanilla.
- shift flour and semolina and mix it well again.
- add water and again mix it again.
"Madlouka The Arabian Dessert"
- dived the dough into two part equally
- take any tray or salver about ( 35 cm diameter ) and sprinkle the crushed pistachio.
- take a plain poly-thin and spread the half dough and make a plane surface and turn on salver or tray and place it properly then remove the extra dough from edges.
- now mix stuffing with ashta/ malayi/ khoya, and place equally in center of dough which is in tray or salver .
- again take a plain poly-thin and spread the half dough and make a plane surface then cover the stuffing from the top
- trim from the side and close the edges
- keep the oven 200’c up and 250’c down and bake it until olden brown.
- turn over in other big salver or tray.. and sprinkle the hot sugar syrup.
- garnish with rose petals.
- serve hot or cold.